and it feels to me like the Heavens are weaping. Not because of who won the election, but why he won - because our country is trying to make liberal views cool and right. If we are not liberal and accept all ways of living as correct, despite what may be morally correct, then we are somehow in the wrong.
I do feel the happy energy of a black man being voted in as President of the United States! For a people who have suffered and been mistreated horribly in the past, this is a wonderful thing! As members of the church with pioneer heritage, we can understand terrible injustices suffered by our ancestors and how it feels today as we succeed!
I can remember stories from my Mom when she and my Dad moved to Memphis in the early 1960's for Optometry school. How she felt horrible that there were seperate bathrooms and drinking fountains for the whites and the blacks. She hated that. She had compassion. She hoped for a better time. She would be happy to see that times have changed. That people are more accepting of one another. That we can get along and respect each other no matter the color of our skin.
I guess I am sad that there are so many people in our country who are not as concerned with our freedom and safety, but are more concerned with their own wants. People that don't understand that war is an awful, awful, thing, but sometimes necessary. People who have lost sight that this country was founded on religious freedom. Freedom to worship how they choose. Not freedom to make up their own rules on religion so they can justify their way of life. People who want to redefine what "The Family" is. People who want to be politically correct, not morally correct.
Do they realize that yes we need change in America, but the change needs to be founded on the principles of religion and family and goodness that America was founded upon. Not change in accepting all kinds of "politically" correct ideas.
Oh well, thanks for letting me get that off my back :)
I was raised to support and honor the President of the United States. Barack Obama was not my first choice, but President Elect Obama will be my President. I will support him in that office. I pray he will be wise and just and true.
This is a great country! We are blessed to live here!
Hopefully, as members of the Church, we will stand for truth and righteousness and be an influence of good to the world. We can make a difference!
6 comments:
Edee, it is wonderful to hear you express these feelings. I know how patriotic you are, and it makes me feel more gratitude for our country! I felt the same way this morning when I woke up - cold and wintery with the election of a new liberal president! Very appropriate!
I love you,
Kenr
Hey Mom,
You could be a writer!I agree with you! You are very right!
However, I am so excited that it snowed! It finally feels like November!
Love, Lauren
Thank you so much Sister Raines! You are simply wonderful and I feel your sweet testimony of our country. I feel the same way but I am sure no one could have phrased it better!
Hi, Edee! Your family is SO beautiful and I LOVE your blog!
I love this post, as it echoes my feelings today! Thanks for sharing!
AMEN SISTA!!! I don't think any speech writer could have said it better! On my mission, I was appalled at the racism still alive and well in the ninties! I am glad we have progressed enough to have a black president, but I wish it would have been Colin Powell!;)
Have a great day and enjoy backing out of your driveway!
Yes...the heavens are weaping! Haha! I love you mom!
Post a Comment