Maybe that is why I am so tired today and feel like "venting".
First.
I am SICK AND TIRED OF DOING DISHES!
They say (whoever "they" is) that routine is a good thing. However, I am quite frankly very sick of the morning dishes routine.
There, I said it.
I feel better now. :)
Second.
I bet none of you that read my blog has ever had to put a sign like this up in your bathroom before 20+ people come to your house for Thanksgiving.
Yes, this is how we welcome company at our house!
Oh, the bathrooms were "spic and span" and cleaned with Clorox, but the toilet seat sure didn't look clean. (Kenr asked why we didn't just buy a new seat. I don't know Kenr. We should have.)
Here is a tip. Beware of getting Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner on your toilet seat; it stains is a lovely yellow. It does a great job cleaning the toilet bowl, but not the seat.
The great thing is, though, that no matter how depressing life starts to get, and no matter how overwhelmed you start to feel because Christmas is THREE WEEKS FROM TODAY, something comes along to make you smile.
Just like Marg's Christmas list all sealed up and ready to go to "Mr." Santa.
So today I will try to be grateful.
Grateful that I have dishes to clean and especially grateful I have the strength to clean them.
Grateful I have a house where family likes to come visit and that my family really doesn't care if the toilet seat is stained or not (as long as they know it is clean and not something nasty). We certainly LOVE having our family here!
And I will be grateful for the magic of Christmas and how it lifts our spirits during this time of year.
Oh yeah, and I will be grateful that tomorrow is Saturday and no one has to get up at 5:00 a.m. for work or school! That's a very happy thought!

4 comments:
Your gratitude for little things will bless you and us!
I love you,
Kenr
Loved your post and pictures. The first picture caught me with your darling candle!! And your second picture made me laugh out loud- and I don't throw that phrase around flippently. Your third picture made my heart and my mouth smile. So good to keep in touch like this ;)
haha! LOVE the sign on the toilet!
Hahahahahhaha! Personally, I LOVED the sign in the bathroom~ It made me laugh and lately I have needed some laughs...as for the dishes, I am so beyond liking to do the dishes, that all I can say is "PAPER PLATES~PLASTIC SILVERWARE"...those two products have greatly improved my mood and quality of life;) hahhaha (you know I always keep some on the COUNTER for pete's sake! Oh, back to the toilet stain, I wish our yellow marks were from Clorox,,,,the boys are killing me!!
Love you!!
Post a Comment