Thursday, March 4, 2010

Another Elder Hawkley!

We went out to Eagle Mountain (to Mary Lou's parents house) last night to watch Ryan open his mission call. How grateful we are we were able to be a part of that great moment!



I got a little choked up when I saw his name on the envelope. Ryan Edward. I know Dad is proud of him, and I know Mom and Dad were both close last night.



Joel, Mary Lou, and Rachel were there via Skype (or something like that) from Oklahoma City and Pehrson and Kate were there (also via Skype) from So. California.

The picture above shows Ryan opening his call. (Gosh darn it! I wish the picture wasn't blurry!)

I admit, I "teared up" as he read the letter. He has been called to serve in the Brazil Ribeirao Preto Mission!


Kenneth was the only one who guessed Brazil. He said the Lord likes the Hawkley boys to go South! But when we really pressed him as to why he thought Brazil he told the truth. . . "well, Brazil has about 30 missions so the odds are that he would go there." Ha! So much for inspiration as far as guessing mission calls is concerned! :)





Those family members who weren't able to be with us all got a phone call after the initial announcement had been made.


And after it was all over we just relaxed and let the news sink in.


We are proud of you Ryan. Thanks for letting us be a part of your special day!



p.s.

It is amazing what a small world it is. My son-in-law Jake (in the fourth picture next to Margaret) knows Annie's fiance (in the second picture on the far left). They are both in the same group in one of their business classes at BYU. How weird is that?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kenr said...

Well said Edee! It was a spiritual experience to hear a call from the Lord through a living prophet to a humble, faithful young man willing to do what the Lord asks him to do! I am very proud of Ryan.

The Roundy's said...

I am proud of Ryan, too! That was a fun night!