Monday, March 1, 2010

Ever Feel Like You Need a Weekend to Recover From Your Weekend?

We feel that way today.

We did the usual things like filling up the car with gas. Grocery shopping so our kids won't starve. All the usual.


In addition to the "usual" here are a few things we did.


*Two orchestra concerts at the Jr. High. (Isn't that cruel and unusual punishment to make kids go back to the Jr. High on Saturday? :))

*Basketball games for Scott.

*Dinner at the Keate's home.

* Scott's friends came over to hang out.

* Helped Marg write her talk for Primary.

Here she is practicing her talk after her bath. We had to do the "whole thing" - introduction and all. Kenneth would say "and now we will hear a talk by Margaret Raines" and she would then practice her talk. This was at 10:00 at night. She wanted to practice it over and over and over again and she did practice it over and over and over again. It's a good thing she has a fun Dad! Sunday morning I took over the "conducting" part, but I wasn't as fun because I couldn't introduce her in Spanish.

I tell you, this girl has more energy than the energizer bunny.

She did an amazing job on her talk. We kept telling her all day long how well she did and how much we loved it. She kept laughing and would say "stop saying that!" I finally began to tell her she did a really horrible, awfully bad job on her talk and she would squeal with delight knowing that I was just completely kidding.


*We had a gazillion church meetings. Well, not really a gazillion, but some Sundays do feel like that.

*Kenneth left for Church at 6:00 a.m. and got home at 10:00 p.m.

*Home teaching appointments.

*I managed to cook a roast complete with homemade rolls. Honestly, I don't know what got into me. :)

Luckily, Kenr "popped in" for a minute and was able to eat. What a guy he is. With all he had to do yesterday, he spent his few precious minutes at home and peeled the potatoes and got them boiling for our dinner. He even rolled out the rolls while we were still at church (he was assigned to go to a different ward - with 14 Wards and a YSA Branch in our Stake he very rarely gets to go to our ward.)

* Caroline had her practice for the Young Women's choir for the General Young Women's Meeting at the end of this month.


and


*We found out we have a "HOT" son.

I don't think Scott ever looks at this blog, but right now I am really hoping he doesn't because he just might kill me!


Well, that isn't everything that happened over the last two days, but it gives you a flavor of how our weekend went.



Here's to the start of a new week!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kenr said...

Thanks for the laugh!! You make me laugh Edee! You are such a great writer!
I love you,
Kenr

The Roundy's said...

hahahah!!! That is so funny! I'm glad Margaret got to speak in church! Go Marg! Sounds like a VERY busy weekend!

connie said...

Loved the part about not being able to introduce your girl in Spanish!! It was actually your post that inspired my weekend report. Kim said she saw Scott at the performance. Very classy for him to go. He is a great guy. That middle song at church yesterday just about wiped me out. I wondered how you got through.

Jenny said...

OK what's with your stake? 14 wards....really? We have 7...and two of them are senior wards, probably a lot of funerals per se, but no primary or mutual to worry about...I know I am gonna get struck by lightning.

I bet Margs talk was awesome. I wish she was in my primary:) Just kill me now, I have a pres. meeting to tomorrow, sounds like a doosy.
Laura would die if I ever made homemade anything...poor girl.
Yes, Scott is HOT! Just ask Caitlyn:)