Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Oh My Word. What Are The Odds?

I know, two posts in one day. I couldn't resist, though.

Here's the story:

Last week, I vaguely remember a conversation (and I use the word "conversation" loosely) where Margaret was talking to her Dad. Actually Marg was doing all the talking and Kenneth wasn't listening too well.

It went something like this. . .

"Dad."

"Dad, will you sign this paper?"

"DAD!"

"Dad, if you sign this paper I can win a fish from our fish tank at school."

"Dad, can I? CAN I DAD?"


You know how it is sometimes.



Poor Marg. No one was listening to her latest "want."

And I wasn't any help either.

I was in a Phenergan (anti-nausea medicine) induced haze and really quite enjoying the fact that I was relaxing and almost ready to fall asleep when I finally said. . .

"Kenneth, just sign the paper!"

I remember thinking, "What are the chances?" I mean really.

I forgot all about it until. . .

I picked her up from school and she was holding THIS.


Gosh darn it!

Now we have to go buy a fish bowl and fish food.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kenr said...

That is hilarious! Margaret is our lady luck! We had none before. Let's just let the fish live in the bag. We have already been through this once before with her! I am sorry I didn't pay more attention to what I was signing!

The Roundy's said...

Ok. That is seriously the FUNNIEST thing ever! Seriously, what are the odds?

Congrats Margaret! Let's hope this fish hangs on for at least a month. :)

Sweet Caroline said...

What are you talking about? I love fish. We can always have a pet fish... it's better than a pet that sheds right?

THE RAINES FAMILY said...

Oh I love it! This post made Michael and I crack up tonight. What a way to end the day. Thanks!