Not the greatest picture, but you get the idea.
Snow.
Then, on our way to school we saw this out our front window.
I feel a little bad anytime a tree is damaged because of early snow. And this time was no different. I felt bad for about 3 seconds and then that sad feeling turned into extreme hopefulness.
You can't really tell from this picture, but that branch is blocking half the street so it will have to be taken care of right away. Actually, as I write this someone is out there with a chain saw.
But why am I so hopeful you ask?
Well, while this tree is pretty in the summer, it is a NIGHTMARE in the fall.
Whatever broken branches they haul away today they will take with them millions of leaves that won't end up in our yard. :)
Maybe this early snow is good for something after all.

3 comments:
ha ha ha! LOL! I knew you would be happy! I was worried last week about that tree because it had about a 12 foot overhang over the street. Interesting that that one branch broke off. Those types of trees are so much work. We had another one of those trees that was blown over in our neighborhood, remember?
I am so glad Margaret got her wish!
I am planning on blogging about that tree too! It was an awesome shade tree that's for sure.
Can I use your picture for my blog?
Sure. Go right ahead. If you know how to get it off my blog you are WAY smarter than me!
Post a Comment