Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Round Heels.

It's what my Mother used to call herself.

It is now what I sometimes call myself.

Round Heels.

It means "pushover." Get it - round heels? It has special meaning if you are a mother and your kids keep pestering you about something and you just give in. That's what I did this past week. I just gave in.

Marg is a persistent girl and on about the millionth time she asked if she could have a Halloween party I gave in and said "sure." I figured we could have two or three little friends over and they could just play. I secretly didn't think anything would come of it. She would forget or change her mind or whatever.

I forgot which kid I was talking about, though. . .MARGARET!

Our incredibly persistent child who thinks her life is boring. And well, maybe it is. She does live with two adults (one of whom is gone alot and the other whom is sick alot) and a sister that is eight years older. :)


Anyway. . .

somehow, invitations got delivered and well, the party was on.


We picked up little pumpkins and got things ready while Marg was at the church for the Primary program practice.



Then her friends came over all dressed up in their Halloween garb. (Is garb a word?)

They do look cute, don't they? Notice the smile of complete contentment and happiness on Marg's face.



They each painted a pumpkin.



And they each made paper spiders.

We did a few other "crafty things" and had treats. It turned out to be a great little party.



To be completely honest, I was glad when it was over, but. . .

I am glad we did it - for Marg's sake.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kenr said...

I couldn't believe you said yes. I couldn't believe Margaret even thought of the idea. Caroline was so good to help! She is a great big sister to her little Marg!

The Roundy's said...

That looks like it was SO much fun!!!

connie said...

Betweem this and your holiday soap dispenser it makes me excited to see what you'll do next year! :)

THE RAINES FAMILY said...

What great parents you are. Margaret is lucky to have you guys!