Well, I made the pie, but I can say with absolute surety that it turned out to be the worst Chocolate Pecan Pie I have ever made.
Now, I have been making this pie every November for the past 26 years. Twenty-five of those pies have turned out DELICIOUS, but this year I suppose it just wasn't meant to be.
FIRST. . .
I couldn't find my pie dough recipe so I decided to try The Pioneer Woman's Perfect Pie Crust. I'm sorry Pioneer Woman, but I think your pie crust is, well, not very good. Maybe I did something wrong, but I don't think so. It was hard to work with, it didn't roll out well, and it just tastes awful. Oh, it is flaky like she says, but who wants flaky if you can't stand to eat it?
SECOND. . .
my kitchen timer is broken. I checked the pie at the appropriate time but it wasn't finished so left it in for an additional five to ten minutes.
Yes, you guessed it. I forgot and it stayed in 20 minutes. The top was just starting to burn, but it was alright. It wasn't a complete disaster - yet.
THIRD. . .
Margaret really wanted to put 49 candles in the pie. So we did. The pie had cooled on the counter for an hour. I didn't realize it was still hot inside.
Yes, you guessed it. The candles started to melt even before we lit them.
See all those little white dots in the pie? Yep, that's candle wax.
Kenneth is such a kind man. He ate a piece and just picked out the wax.
He said he loved it and was just grateful that I went to the effort to make it.
I want him to know I love him and I am just grateful he is patient with me - even when I ruin his birthday pie.

3 comments:
Edee, it was delicious anyway!! I love you for making it for me every year!! I am sorry my tastes for birthday treats are so particular! Love, Kenr
hahahaha!! That is seriously hilarious! You're a good wife for still making it for him. :)
Now that IS TRUE LOVE!! Kenneth you are the bomb (that is a good thing). Edee you win the wife of the year award!!
Post a Comment