First of all, it is absolutely freezing. I have a feeling it's going to be a long winter.
Here are a few things that went on last week and through the weekend:
*We saw Tangled. It was SO cute. I want to see it again.
*We had a great Thanksgiving day with family and friends.
*Kenneth performed the wedding of a good friend up in Park City on Saturday. It's so weird that he can marry people. :)
*Joel and Mary Lou drove out to have Thanksgiving with her parents in Eagle Mountain. We were able to see them Saturday and Sunday and it was wonderful to have them here. I just feel bad we were so busy and weren't able to spend more time with them.
*I have been feeling sooooo much better. I am so thankful.
*As Compassionate Service Leader in our ward, I helped organize the dinner for a funeral that was held on Monday. A young man in our ward passed away. It has been sad. The sisters in our ward are wonderful. It makes my calling very easy.
*Kenneth ended up being asked to say a few words at the funeral. Heavenly Father helped him. He gave a very powerful message. The words that were spoken were not his words.
*During the funeral, and before he spoke, Kenneth started having a coughing fit. I prayed and prayed that he would be able to stop coughing. He stopped and made it through the meeting. He told me later that he was grateful I prayed because he thought he was going to have to run out of there. That would not be good considering he was on sitting on the stand and everything. :)
*Caroline is home sick for the third day now. If her ear is hurting this morning like it was yesterday, I will take her into the doctor to have it looked at. Then he can excuse her from school for being sick. Otherwise, I do believe she will have to go to attendance school.
*I finished The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate this morning. A very sweet book about a young girl and her Grandfather. It's a children's book, but I love children's literature. It's safe and good and real.
*The Silence of God is good, too. I finished it quite a while ago, but thought I would mention it. It's based on a real LDS family that lived in Russian when the communists took over. I have always been quite fascinated with the Russian culture and the story of Anastasia etc. This was about that time period with an LDS twist. I really liked it.
*Now, it is time for some mindless reading. I am glad Mary Higgins Clark and her daughter write Christmas stories.
*The tree is up, thanks to Margaret's insistance. It's a good thing we have that girl!

2 comments:
Edee, thank you for loving such wholesome things! Caroline looks so cold in that picture! I feel so bad when you or our children are sick. I love you for all the good things you do for our family!
Kenr
Good post, mom! Caroline, get better!!!!!
Post a Comment