He has been offered a job with Schneider National. A perfect job for him and his particular degree in Business Management with an emphasis in Global Supply Chain.
We have known for about a month now that they would be moving to Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Everything was working out. They would move to Green Bay at the end of December. BYU had arranged with an elementary school out there for Lauren to finish her student teaching and then she could still graduate in April.
She would have to have her baby out there, but she could do it.
She would have to say goodbye to Scott in a few weeks knowing she wouldn't see him again until after his mission, but she could do it.
She would have to teach in an inner city school which would be hard (even though the kids would love her), but she could do it.
She would be moving to one of the coldest places in the U. S. in January, but she could do it.
We were all getting excited about all the possibilities although we were dreading that they were moving so far away.
Well. . .
out of the blue. . .
Schneider National called Jake a few days ago and said they had the same job, same benefits, same pay, same everything, only it would be in their North Salt Lake office and they wanted to know if they were interested in staying in Salt Lake.
Were they interested?
Umm, YES! They were interested! Can you believe it?
He met with the people in Salt Lake yesterday and it is all set. He starts work on the 27th of December. Here in Salt Lake!
There may be some point at which they still might have to move out to Green Bay, but for right now, they are staying here!!!
I still can't believe it.
After finding out that great news yesterday, I met Lauren and Jake at her OB/GYN's office. Her Doctor had ordered another Ultrasound. Her placenta is low so they are keeping an eye on it.
Everything is looking good.
The baby is growing. We got to see pictures in 3D. Even at 17 weeks the baby looks beautiful.
And guess what???
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Lauren's blessing dress made by her Grandma Hawkley)

4 comments:
Oh....I love that dress! Maybe the baby can wear the same one...? That would be pretty neat! And I am SO relieved to be staying here in Utah!!!
AHHH YES!! I didn't know! I'm so happy to hear that! yayayayayayyy
could! Not! be ! happier! for! YOU!! everyone-- ahhh what a huge blessing. And congrats to the graduate!
Yea!!!!!! I'm so happy for you guys! It will be great having your granddaughter so close.
Post a Comment