Here she is sitting by two of her teammates. Notice her size.
I can remember Spring sports when Scott was into Soccer. The weather in Utah during the Spring is unpredictable. It was soooooo windy and cold and miserable. The girls could barely stand up straight and those of us in the stands were just hoping the hour would go by quickly.
Here is Marg as she is about to bat. Notice her size compared to her teammate on first base.
Just as she got ready, the umpire sent her back because her helmet didn't have a face guard so she went back to get the right helmet.
I wish he had just let her bat.
She changed helmets, but they are all too big, and as she was walking back a girl practicing her swing swung just as Marg walked right behind her.
She got whacked in the face with a bat!
Her nose bled the whole way home. She has a goose egg on her forehead. She has a swollen and red/black eye where the helmet hit her eye.
I saw it happen. It was awful. I really am surprised her nose isn't broken.
I am glad she still has teeth.
I am so grateful she wasn't seriously hurt.
The little girl who hit her called our home and was bawling because she felt so bad. We really tried to reassure her it wasn't her fault. It was just an accident and Margaret is fine.
The whole thing was so emotionally draining!
Now, we have to be happy and positive and excited about tomorrow's game. Marg actually wants to go. She is proud of her swollen eye.
I am holding my breath.

3 comments:
This is almost funny!! I can't help but cry and laugh at the same time! You have captured the experience well. I love her determination. I love you. Kenr
OH MY GOSH!!! SORRY MARG!! BUT JUST THINK OF THE GREAT STORY YOU HAVE TO TELL! I always used to worry that would happen to one of my boys when they played...apparently it DOES happen, great picture.
That moment was AWFUL! But it think the picture of Scott, Caroline, and me is hilarious! Man do we look like we are having fun!
Post a Comment