Wednesday, November 7, 2012

We Had Such Hope.

Even the children.

The carpool kids. The piano students I teach. They were all excited about the election.

Yesterday, Marg even requested a special Election Lunch.



I put the lunch together.

Lauren printed out the "vote" sign.

Marg added the words "For Romney".



Then reality hit last night.

Our hearts are heavy today. We keep hoping a "recount" miracle will happen. But the fact remains that Obama won re-election. We have no idea what the future holds for our country. Things don't look too optimistic right now. When I took the kids to school, the radio said that the stock market had been open for 7 minutes and was already down 200 points.

Like I said, things don't look too good.

In my opinion. . . corruption, lies, and deceit have influenced 50% of the American people. It's depressing, really.


BUT,

The sun still rose this morning.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is still true.

Our temple covenants are still intact and always will be if we remain faithful.

I still have my family.

I am blessed beyond measure.



It's up to us to be prepared, remain strong, and stand in Holy places. Our Heavenly Father will not let us down even though things may be especially hard.



We CAN do it.

AND

We CAN be a light to the world, because the world needs it now. . . more than ever.









5 comments:

Kenr said...

Edee, this is a very inspiring post. Somehow this message needs to get out to our family and to everyone around us. Very well said.
I love you.

Kenr said...

By the way, such a cute picture of Margaret. I felt bad for her sincere dissappointment this morning.

Hawkley Family said...

Edee, I just love your posts. You always have such great insight. Thanks!

Scott said...

We were so sad, too.

shannon said...

So sad! So so sad! Not a very great b-day present either! I feel like with this election went the American dream. It is not looking good, and I'm having a hard time staying optimistic!